A great game that was ruined by a single fact.
I think many of us who have played this have the same idea. People repeat this in the reviews, in the chatroom, that it is virtually impossible to be able to get a significant amount of gold to *actually* buy a normal booster. Like many other games, the brilliant gameplay, graphics and concept is marred by the imbalance of people who put in cash and those who don't.
Seriously, the word "free to play" is just laughable. Sure, you don't have to pay, but playing without paying makes the game so much more monotonous. we play with the same ol' starter deck for ages, and against many other players with the same ol' deck too.
The very problem lies in the fact that you can only get a few measly gold for a single battle. it's just too tedious for many of us. one of the crucial parts of the game is that players need something to look forward to. Leveling up, getting achievents etc in this game, the obvious thing players look forward to is cards. but of course, as a player said, you'd have to play for 24 hours a day for a year to scrape up enough. this makes many players bored and fustrated. I, like many players, are still trying play with the huge restrictions, but i would soon give up, like the many others who did.
I think many of us would agree that if you could at least give out three times as much in a normal match, the game would get a higher rating and more players who would definitely buy in game gold
Typical sales knowledge. make prices low, you get more customers who would buy more. put prices high you end up with an empty shop.
it is somewhat good, but once you have the correct strategy, everything becomes too easy. i question the use of turrets. they practically make it impossible to reach the base until you use god's wrath. however, i like how you made weaknesses for each enemy, and upgrades.
going back to being easy, yes, the opponent DOES go in front of you in technology, but you can quickly catch up, and in hard mode, i already went up above the enemy, who was in the medeval age, and i killed the opponent simply by spamming cannons (due to the fact that the opponent's turrets were outdated). this becomes way too easy for most of us(except those who complain that the enemy can use specials)
overall, i guess this is pretty much okay, and a splendid improvement over the first series. keep it up.
i'd like to say that this game is pretty good, but a few things spoil it.
1. sometimes, and especially the first map, you only conquer with numbers. there is absolutely no strategy other than constantly building towers
2. your towers constantly create bots. You don't have much player control over units, and thus makes the game boring, not to mention making the game laggy with spam bots
3. the last map, Judgement city, is way too easy. the opponent might or might not have crap AI, but it only builds a determined number antype of towers, namely 1 Great Pyramid, 1 Pyramid, 1 Bubble Dome, 1 Standing Dome, 1 Spider Factory, 1 Dark Hut, and 1 Stack Plant. This makes late game way too easy, where the opponent constantly gets pushed back and can only save himself with EMP. What i'm saying is that this "endurance mode" is not much of a challenge, and gets incredibly boring in just 20 minutes
There are many bugs in this game, somehow.
1. while travelling you might just go out of your destination and continue onwards forever
2. Travel points don't seem to do much
3. i understand that when you encounter a battle, the boxes on the bottom of the screen with change to the battle (ie. destination/map into hp for character and enemy). However, when you defeat the enemy, the boxes will go back to their original places. while this is happening, if an enemy is encountered, you can press "go" without fighting at all
4. you can press "go" when encountering an enforcer. and the enforcer will stick to you as you go foward unless you press the other buttons like attack or allow
5. crime rate does nothing. many bucaneers can appear in a city with extreme crime rate, and as many bucaneers can appear in a place with absolutely no crime rate
6. Health does not always get replenished. Say i arrived at a city with 1 hp. when i come out and see a bucaneer and flee, the bugger will hit me and i'll die. But if i fight back, miraculously i get 100 hp
Including these bugs, the game also gets increasing tiring, when you have nothing to do except conquering cities. Not to mention that there are too little weapons available.
Please fix these bugs as soon as possible. because the game is not exactly very nice to play, especially when it gets laggy
right, first, the starting was intriguing. the background and the story itself was very interesting. BUT, in the game there was hardly any story. Nothing. Indeed, the author had done numerous to make it playable. like a training room to increase stats and a medicine man to get more money, but if you were someone looking for more adventure, this would seem poo to you. Right after finishing the thing, i though mabe sinjid would be able to go and and stuff, but no, it ends here. Kinda dispointing though, since it makes you feel you are playing a beta version, abeit one without a finishing.
good, nice and simple flash, a great piece of music too. by the way, does anyone know that right clicking will tell you that you can die in this game?
newgrounds.com — Your #1 online entertainment & artist community! All your base are belong to us.